Tuesday 16 October 2012

A favourite thing to do

Mrs Jackson shared a story about a girl boogie boarding and how that was her favourite thing to do.

Here is Shea's story on something he loves to do.


“Go on, don’t be a wuss,” screamed my Dad. 
I couldn’t see him doing it.
I was at our families secret river spot, having a blast, right up to this dreadful moment.  I had been challenged by my brother to jump off an abandoned hydro dam, which was literally about 10 – 15 meters high.
“All right.  Here I go” were the last words that managed to escape my mouth, as I lunged off the dam, just escaping the sharp, jagged rocks and splashing down into the shimmering, fresh, spring water. 
I love the river.  Whenever I want a swim, the river is the place to be.  The swimming pools are just cramped areas infested with pee and at the beach you always get fried away by the crispy sun, and then you’ll start aching from the stinging salt water, but the river is just right.  The good part is that rivers are always rich with peace and humbleness due to the fact that a lot of families they can’t be bothered searching for good spots along the river. Another good thing is that it actually changes every year, which basically means that a 2-foot deep hole surrounded by rocks could end up being over your head. The river is by far the best location to go swimming and there are many reasons why. Clear water, awesome jumping spots, deep blue water, and a peaceful atmosphere… plus if you’re lucky you can even find spot with tonnes of yummy fish.

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.