Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Story Starts ......


Mrs Jackson shared a story from the Journal of Young Persons Writing called "The Story Starts..."

We wrote our own stories with the same beginning

The story starts as my cousin ran down the stairs yelling “Oh no!” 
He was holding his laptop in his arms.
“What’s wrong?” asked Aunty.
My cousin gently placed his laptop on the table.
“It’s broken,” he sobbed.
“What’s broken?” said Aunty.
“My laptop!” he yelled.
A tear slowly rolled down his freckly face.  Slowly he lifted the lid to reveal a cracked screen with a pen stuck to it.
“How did that happen?” said Aunty, as she tried to hide her smile.
“It fell off my bed and on to my pencil holder,” my cousin replied.

Michael





The story starts when my sister, Reagan, and her friend, Ella, were playing on the playstation 2, in her room, at Dad’s 50th birthday party.  Everything was going according to plan.  Everyone got a turn and was having a blast.
“Ok guys, dinners up,” Mum said in just a whisper through the crack in the door.
“Ok.” Patrick my brother mumbled back.
I stood up, stretched and made my way over to the door, trying to avoid all the cables and controllers.  And then it happened.  Ella tripped over the box the playstation was on and it came tumbling to the ground.

At the time, we thought there was nothing wrong.  Patrick went over and set it up again and we left the room for dinner.  After dinner we went back into the vacant room.  We turned on the playstation and nothing.  This is when it got crazy.  Patrick went hysterical and was going crazy.  The playstation was his pride and joy.  He ran his fingers through his hair, brown eyes bulging with rage.
“Who did that?”
He kicked thin air, went down to his room and slammed the door.  I could just imagine him bursting into tears on his bed like his life was over.
“Don’t worry, he’ll get over it, eventually,” I said to Ella and Reagan.
I turned around and decided to enjoy the rest of the party.

Niamh

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.